indoboox, September 29, 2017
Since there are a lot of different types of dog foods out there today, do you know which one to buy to feed your dog? How do you make sure the dog food that you chose is healthy for your dog? We as dog owners must ensure that our dogs eat balanced and healthy diets.
To select the best dog food for your dog, you must examine the label on the dog food carefully. Do not just scan through it. You need to read everything it says.
The label on a bag of dog food will list the ingredients from greatest weight to least. This is important to know because you will learn what components are present in the food in their specific amounts.
– Whenever the first line on the ingredients list is some kind of whole meat, you can ignore it because this number is calculated before even the meat is processed.
– Animal by-products that are used in dog food symbolize inferior quality dog food.
– Read the moisture level: if it is anything over 11, this indicates that the dry matter basis is of a low quality.
Things to watch out for:
– A good sign is to have chicken or beef meal listed as the first ingredient, instead of whole meat listed as the first ingredient. If this is the case, then the dog food would contain more protein.
– The good thing about premium dog foods is that they don’t contain animal by-products.
– An ideal dog food should contain at most 10% moisture. Premium dog foods usually fall into this category.
There is a difference between chicken meal and chicken. Chicken meal is chicken that has been cooked to kill bacteria and other toxins. Chicken, on the other hand, is merely pure chicken.
Water takes up the majority of a chicken’s weight. If the ingredients list states there is 60% chicken, this figure is not quite accurate because that number is before the chicken is baked to destroy bacteria and other unwanted materials. So be careful.
However, when the label on the bag says 60% of chicken meal, you’re getting more of the chicken because the product has already been baked to remove bacteria.
Dog food will come in so many different ways, shapes and sizes so being aware of what ingredients are used to provide your pet with proper nutrition is the only way to go.
Make sure that your dog is eating health dog food with good ingredients at all times. Failure to do this can result in the poor health-being of your dog. He might become sick, or if the problem extends over a long period of time, he may even die.
If you give your dog inferior quality dog food, your dog is the one who will suffer in the end. Surely you don’t want that to happen, do you? Only feed your dog with the highest quality dog food to ensure its healthiness.