indoboox, October 29, 2017
This turkey recipe uses brine techniques to bring forth turkey meat which is incredibly moist. Cooking this turkey meat for your Christmas meal will make you a hit both your friends and family. Home cooking has never never more exciting! For more details www.thanks-giving-recipes.com.In cooking, brining is a process similar to marination in which meat is soaked in a salt solution (the brine) before cooking.
Brining makes cooked meat moister by hydrating the cells of its muscle tissue before cooking, via the process of osmosis, and by allowing the cells to hold on to the water while they are cooked, via the process of denaturation. This prevents the meat from drying out, or dehydrating. For more details www.300-chicken-recipe.com.Christmas Turkey Cooking RecipeJuicy Turkey Breast
For the brine:
16 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 cups coarse salt
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon pickling spices
For the turkey:
1 fresh breast, 9-11 pounds, deboned
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cups chicken broth
1. Combine the brine ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until sugar and salt dissolve. Cool to room temperature.
2. Rinse the turkey breast, discarding excess fat. Place in a deep bowl or pot, turkey breast-side down. Pour the brine over the turkey breast and refrigerate. loosely covered, overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350*F. Remove the turkey breast from the brine 30 minutes before roasting. Line a shallow roasting pan with long pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
4. Place turkey breast in the pan. Brush with 4 tablespoons of melted butter; season with pepper. gather foil loosely on top and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Open the foil and bake for 2 1/4 hours more, basting every 30 minutes with broth and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, until the turkey breast is golden brown and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165*F and the juices run clear.
5. Transfer the turkey breast to a cutting board; let rest for 15 minutes before carving. Reserve pan juices for gravy.
The water, pickling spices, and salt combine to make brining a great technique for wonderfully moist turkey meat. Be sure to register on our web site to receive free weekly home cooking recipes, great home cooking articles, home cooking tips, and cooking recipes from the world over.